A webinar in solidarity with Algeria's Amazighs
As part of its actions in support of the Amazigh people, Régions et Peuples Solidaires (RPS), a federation of regional and autonomist political parties in France (Corsica, Occitania, Savoy, Alsace, Brittany, Northern Catalonia, Basque Country), is organizing, in partnership with the Congrès Mondial Amazigh/Amazigh World Congress, a webinar on the human rights situation concerning the Amazigh people in Algeria, and particularly the Kabyles, who are currently facing a particularly brutal wave of repression by the Algerian authorities.
Speakers will describe the situation of racism and hatred against Amazighs and Kabyles in particular, the justice system, state terror and serious human rights violations. They will also propose solutions to put an end to the violence committed by the Algerian state against the Amazighs.
Date: June 14, 2023 from 7pm to 9pm, Paris time.
You can take part in this virtual conference on facebook:
The webinar will be hosted by :
- François Alfonsi, President of RPS and Member of the European Parliament
- Raveh Issadi, CMA Vice-President
- Salah Dabouz, lawyer, former President of the Algerian League for Human Rights
- Meryem Graba, Vice-President of the Union des Femmes Kabyles association
- Athmane Bessalem, Lawyer, human rights activist
- Belkacem Lounes, CMA General Secretary and United Nations Expert on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples